Are you handy with the sewing machine? Buy a yard or two of fabric and sew mother something practical and special. Mother’s Day fabric gifts are plentiful and easy to make. If you don’t have hours to spend at your sewing machine because of family obligations or what have you try to find 15 minutes a day to do something simple. Pre-wash the fabric. Iron the fabric. Cut out your pattern. Sew a seam. Things such as these can be done in small stages ending in a lovely complete project.
- A girly apron:These are all the rage and as a turn of events my mother made me one for Mother’s Day last year. I use it faithfully as I love a good apron. It doesn’t take long to put together and it’s cute AND practical.
- Sweater Apron: This is cute. It would probably soak up anything you spilled but line it and it could be practical and warm.
- Leftover Fabric Apron: Have some fabric lying around? Make this apron.
- Cute Frilly Apron: Make a chic apron like the ones you see in the store for much more.
- Clean Sweep Apron: This is the kind of apron they use in the book Speed Cleaning
- Lined Apron: This is a darling apron. Line it in something waterproof and you can use it for general housecleaning…nah too cute for that.
- Find a pattern for some simple but darling slippers.
- A shower cap. This is another practical idea that can be ultra cute. With so many choices of great fabric you’ll be looking for more mothers to sew for. Follow these links for some great ideas.
- A teapot cozy. Who doesn’t drink tea? Okay I know a few people. This is a great Mother’s Day gift idea for those Mother’s who are into their cuppa tea. Pair it with some delicious tea samples.
Mother’s Day is sure to be special if you include one of these made from the heart craft gifts.