Your kitchen can quickly become a hazardous zone if not kept up.
If you don’t keep it picked up and wiped down. The foody mess can build and fast! I mean you eat there. Food is kept there. Dishes are washed there. And many times the family congregates there. It’s inevitable that…
- There are crumbs on the counter.
- Spilled food on the stove.
- Dishes piled in the sink.
- Fingerprints on the cupboards.
- Spills and crumbs on the floor and much more.
And if you haven’t figured it out cleaning such a kitchen can take a while.
So how do you keep the kitchen clean and tidy?
You only need 5 to 15 minute time slots to keep on top of the messes that happen in your kitchen.
15 minutes is a short time but you would be surprise at how much you can get done in that short time. These days, as mothers and wives, we are so busy that we are home so little. Finding time to do all of the other things let alone clean can seem impossible. But don’t worry or stress about it. Use small 15 minute increments to keep on top of your home.
Finding and Using Those 15 minutes
Here are some places where you can find 15 minutes in your day.
- Before you leave home in the morning.
- While waiting for dinner to cook.
- Before going to bed at night take 15 minutes
Use a timer. This is the important part. You only want to take 15 minutes to do your task but you don’t want to be constantly watching the clock as you get the job done. Use a timer so you can put your focus on your chore.
Those 15 items
Here are some items you can take care of in the kitchen in 5 to 15 minute time slots.
- empty dishwasher
- load dishwasher
- straighten a drawer
- clean out the refrigerator
- clean out the freezer
- clean out dish drainer and wash it up
- sweep and quick mop floor
- wash out garbage can
- straighten storage cupboard
- organize a pantry shelf (only one shelf)
Download our free printable and keep it posted in your kitchen.