Every once in a while you want to indulge in something that is NOT on your eating plan.
But then you may feel horrible after your indulgence. You may have set your self back or maybe the indulgence caused a reaction you’re not happy about dealing with.
Well I have a lot of things on my version of such a list but this review is about pop.
I have never been much of a pop drinker but for the occasional pizza or hamburger it seems to go well in hand.
I was recently sent several 4 packs of Veri Soda to try.
Veri Soda Facts
Veri Soda is an organic, low calorie, soft drink that comes in 4 flavors. Veri Cola, Veri Orange, Veri Lemon Lime, and Veri Ginger Ale.
- Veri Soda uses only the best quality organic, non-GMO ingredients in their line of USDA NOP-certified organic soda.
- Veri is sweetened with organic fruit juice, organic cane sugar, and organic stevia to deliver a refreshing soft drink with only 60 calories per can. The drinks are lightly carbonated, allowing you to really taste the flavor. Plus, there’s no harsh sweetness or lingering after-taste like most zero-calorie sodas.
- Veri Sodas have a “low glycemic load,” meaning you won’t have a sugar spike (or the dreaded crash after!).
- All Veri Sodas are caffeine free.
- Veri Soda is available at select stores nationwide, with a suggested retail price of $4.99 for a four-pack.
About the flavors of Veri Soda
- Veri Cola delivers the subtle taste of cola with hints of cinnamon and real lemon juice.
- Veri Orange is made with 12% real orange juice from oranges grown in Mexico and Turkey.
- Veri Lemon Lime is created with real juice from organic lemons and limes to deliver a truly refreshing taste.
- Veri Ginger Ale harnesses the flavor of Asian ginger and finds the perfect balance of spice, sweetness, and light carbonation.
How Did We Like Veri Soda?
We had a birthday celebration with my mom’s group coming up so I thought that was the perfect time to spring Veri Soda on them.
My testing group, guinea pigs if you may, are a set of moms with various food allergies like me, and a desire for healthier eating, probably more so than me.
Of the four flavors we tested/tasted I think everybody migrated towards the Orange because that was more familiar but in the end all got good raves.
My nephew declared that he now knew he could open a healthier fast food restaurant with baked fried chicken, baked french fries, and Veri Soda.
While not absolutely identical to sugary pop Veri Soda makes a nice replacement for those of us who already have our taste buds tuned in to healthier eating. Maybe the taste is a closer cousin to diet soda but without the nasty aftertaste.
Veri Soda Giveaway
I’m giving away two coupons, each for a four pack of Veri Soda. Just fill out the linky below.
I received this product for free from the sponsor of the Moms Meet program, May Media Group LLC, who received it directly from the manufacturer. As a Moms Meet blogger, I agree to use this product and post my opinion on my blog. My opinions do not necessarily reflect the opinions of May Media Group LLC or the manufacturer of this product.