The kitchen is the heart of the home. Keep it clean so you can be rest assured the food you prepare for you family was made with care.
1. Swap out your dishcloth daily. Who knows what is growing on there after a few days use. Save yourself from wondering and just have a good week’s supply that you change each day. Wash dishcloths in the laundry (with other kitchen gear) with a drop of bleach. For cleaning sponges nuke wet sponges in the microwave for 30 to 60 seconds or if you’re like me and do not own a microwave put them through the dishwasher with your dishes. Or soak your sponges in a mild bleach solution.
2. Clean your sink out weekly. Scrub with cleanser and use a toothbrush around the faucet and edges. Clean your drain and/or garbage disposal with this great natural drain cleaning solution.
Natural Drain Cleaning Solution
1/2 cup baking soda
1/4 cup vinegar (I'll be using white)
1/2 cup salt
Pour them in this order down the drain and let gurgle and bubble for 15
Then, wearing gloves, and holding your face waaaay back pour a pot of
boiling water ever so slowly in after them.
* I can't be held responsible for any accidents or unforeseen problems
so please use this with caution meaning be careful of splattering hot
liquids etc. Hold your face and your hands back from the happenings please.
3. Every few months or so send your dishwasher through a cleaning wash. Run an empty cycle with 11/2 cups of white vinegar, which removes hard deposits and 1 cup of baking soda which scrubs and cleanses.
4. Sweep your kitchen floor each night. Unless you haven’t used it all day. You never know what may be lurking on the floor. Make it a chore for your children. Sweep up at the end of each day. After 21 days it will be a habit!