Time travels so fast!
This is another of those weeks where my focus on the evening meal will be more about what I can clean out of the fridge and what we will be preparing for our Holiday Get Together.
Every New Year’s Eve we host a church gathering/potluck. Songs are sung. Thanks are given and we ring in the New Year in laughter and fun.
Each year we make meatballs.Usually they are a ground beef and ground turkey mix that we cover in homemade barbecue sauce but last year I wanted to make a change.
We switched it up a bit to offer an Asian Style fare that I’ve featured a few times on this blog. My Soy Free Asian Meatballs with Rice Noodles sits lighter in the stomach but is still yummy and savory. The extra veggies bulk up the meatballs without being heavy and the addition of rice noodles as an accompaniment means my gluten-free sister can enjoy too!
This dish is also soy-free as I’m allergic to soy.
So we’ll be ringing in the New Year healthier style.
It seems almost every day I’m learning something new to live a healthier life and to help my family live one also.
My changes are coming slowly and methodically but so far I’ve…
- Taken an Essential Oils eCourse
- Signed up and getting ready to take a Grocery Savings eCourse
- Regularly make yummy yogurt with my starter from Cultures of Health (one of the bonuses)
- Started making and using Homemade Toothpaste
- Getting read to (this one is hard for me) swap out my chemical cleaners for homemade solutions using essential oils.
And now here’s my abbreviated menu for the week.
Monday: Leftovers (yaay!)
Tuesday: Bang Bang Chicken
Wednesday: We snack eat a real dinner at midnight with everyone else.
What’s on your menu?
- Find more menus to inspire you from other bloggers at Organized Junkie.
- Read some Menu Planning articles for tips on planning your weekly menu
- Need delicious easy recipes for your family? Simplified Dinners is your template for fresh easy recipes every day.