Spring Cleaning is just around the corner and this is the time I coral my cleaning products and make sure I have what I need to get those extra credit jobs done.
When I was invited to review Murchison-Hume I thought this would be a good time to test out some new cleaning products that may end up filling a new void in my cleaning life.
In the last couple of years my little nose has become more sensitive to the cleaning products I regularly use. Not only that but the finishes in my home have their own special needs (Oy Vey!) and that meant a lot of searching and hunting for the right product.
I started dabbling in making my own cleaning products. And while that might work some of the time. Like my sister it gets a little old making your own products for everything you do.
My nice big box arrived gently on my doorstep one afternoon.
Growing up with me as a mom my daughter was as excited as I was to open the package and behold the lovely cleaning products (picture jumping up and down with hands clasped) nestled inside.
The Murchison-Hume cleaning products arrive in plastic spray bottles reminiscent of old fashioned apothecary bottles. If you’re all about glass that won’t be pleasing to you but I prefer plastic in my cleaning bottles because I’m known to drop them now and again. They are reusable and you can purchase refills from Murchison-Hume. Also Murchison-Hume supplies their handsoap in reusable glass bottles.
Some Details About Murchison-Hume
- Murchison-Hume cleaning products are 99% or more natural and are always free of ammonias, bleach, dyes, formaldehyde, parabens, and phthalates.
- Murchison-Hume products rapidly biodegrade into harmless by-products after drain disposal.
- Made in the USA, Murchison-Hume products are powerful, natural germ fighters that also eliminate odors without the use of harsh chemicals.
- Murchison-Hume products can be used on any surface not harmed by water. They also never test on animals and are 100% cruelty-free.
- Refill and Bulk Buy options are available, and can be delivered right to your door at significant savings every day.
- Murchison-Hume has a dog care line too! “Best in Show” products are scented with essential oils that keep your best friend naturally pest free without the use of synthetic fragrances or silicone.
- The Murchison-Hume Home Starter Kit retails for $59.00 and includes Bathroom Cleaner, Glass Cleaner, Everyday Furniture & Upholstery Cleaner, Effortless Floor Cleaner, Spit & Polish Stainless Steel Cleaner, Counter Safe All Purpose Cleaner, and Murchison-Hume Jute Tote. (I’m giving one of these away!).
How I Used These Products.
I dug in and used my Murchison-Hume Home Starter Kit right away! In fact I’ve used nothing but Murchison-Hume since that first box arrived. Yes first.
In fact I like it so much I went back to the site, used the percent off code below and ordered a big bunch of refills. I clean my bathrooms a lot. I also ordered the floor and countertop cleaners. I really like wiping down my kitchen counters at the end of the day with these gentle cleaners. And it makes the whole house smell sweet.
We have a church activity in our home each weekend so I like to give the home a once going over. It takes me about an hour and here’s my rundown.
I start upstairs with basic straightening up for the day…
Give the toilet a once over
Cleaned the night before
Wipe down tables and chairs
Clean up counters and wash dishes
Final downstairs floor sweep, mop and done.
How Did I like Murchinson-Hume
I’m really enjoying cleaning with these products. Some of the ingredients (like the window cleaner) are incredible simple and something I could put together at home BUT I don’t have to. I also like the nice light scents (I have both Fig and the Australian Grapefruit). When I’m done cleaning our home smells lightly clean and fresh. It’s not overpowering and chemically (is that a word?) and better yet I’m not wheezing while wiping down the shower stall!
I also like that there are little extra tips on the back of each bottle to make sure you use the product either effectively or fully.
Ladies Bathroom Cleaner: Use throughout the week to freshen your bathroom. A little spritz down the bowl or in the air keeps things smelling sweet.
Glass Cleaner: Use to clean your cell phone and any other reflective surface.
Everyday Furniture & Upholstery Cleaner: Use on hard surfaces too. Banishes odors.
Effortless Floor Cleaner: A little goes a long way so even though this comes in a spray bottle (unless you’re getting a refill) dilute before using on your floor.
Spit & Polish Stainless Steel Cleaner: Shake before using and apply to cloth before applying to your appliance.
Counter Safe All Purpose Cleaner: Use to clean often handled spots like light switches, and remotes.
These cute little tips on the back of each bottle helped me to maximize each products use and get the most out of them.
I like Murchison-Hume so much I swapped out all my other cleaning supplies, headed back to the site and purchased some refills in the Fig scent.
By the way right now you can save 20% on any order at Murchison-Hume! Simply enter the code MomsMeet20 at checkout. (Valid through March 31, 2016).
My only gripe is I wish they had a scouring or scrubbing formula for my sinks and bathtubs. I use the bathroom cleaner on tile but I still use another cleaner for the sinks and bathtub.
But before you do….
I’m giving away one Murchison-Hume Home Starter Cleaning Kit to a lucky reader. This kit comes in the Australian Grapefruit Scent (a little bit lighter than the Fig) and includes….
- Bathroom Cleaner,
- Glass Cleaner,
- Everyday Furniture & Upholstery Cleaner,
- Effortless Floor Cleaner,
- Spit & Polish Stainless Steel Cleaner,
- Counter Safe All Purpose Cleaner,
- and Murchison-Hume Jute Tote.
So follow then entry prompts below and enter for a chance to makeover your own cleaning closet 🙂
I received this product for free from the sponsor of the Moms Meet program, May Media Group LLC, who received it directly from the manufacturer. As a Moms Meet blogger, I agree to use this product and post my opinion on my blog. My opinions do not necessarily reflect the opinions of May Media Group LLC or the manufacturer of this product.