Thanksgiving is over and now you have a ton of leftovers. Either you cooked the turkey or whoever did sent you home with a fridge full.You may have leftover stuffing and potatoes. Even cranberry sauce and gravy.
How do you make these leftovers into tasty new meals?
Well I can’t promise to give you ideas for all of your leftovers but here are some great ideas for using that leftover turkey fare.
- Turkey Pot Pie.
- Turkey Noodle Soup
- Turkey sandwiches
- Turkey tacos. Use chopped turkey instead of beef in your family favorite taco recipe.
- Turkey Tetrazini. Chopped turkey and cooked noodles covered with gravy
- Turkey stock. Set your bones in your crockpot and cover with water. Cook on low all the day long. I’ve done this overnight. Very flavorful.
- Turkey and wild rice soup
Potato Pancakes: My mom made these all the time when we were growing up. Mix potatoes, an egg, a little flower and salt and pepper to taste (after cooking of course). Fry in a little oil. Don’t deep fat fry. Pan fry.
- Potato salad (for unmashed potatoes)
- Topping for shepherd’s pie
- Make mashed potato soup
- You may have sweet potatoes. Use them to make a sweet potato pie.
Use in shepherd’s pie or turkey pot pie
- Use in turkey tettrazini
Meatloaf: Leanne of Saving Dinner fame has a meatloaf with stuffing recipe in her book The Frantic Family. She uses dried stuffing but I just substituted our leftover stuffing and cut back on the liquid. So just use your leftover stuffing instead of your usual bread or oatmeal in your favorite meatloaf recipe.
My sister absolutely hates leftover vegetables. I like them… I don’t know why. Anyway puree them and use to make a thick healthy soup.
This should give you some great ideas to use up those Thanksgiving leftovers.