Not every Homemaker Homeschools but I do and for those of you who do or are interested in Homeschooling I thought a nice little page with some timely resources might be a good idea.
When it comes to Homeschooling there are so many different methods and ways to go about it.
- I started a post with links explaining some of the different methods out there. Some people stick with one, some use several, some start one way and end up another.
- If your children are little starting off with activity sheets is a great way to get an idea of some of their strengths and lightly introduce yourselves to some schoolwork at home. Checkout our linky page for some of those resources.
- This year I started a series where I interview my fellow homeschoolers from the OldSchoolhouse Review Crew. This is wonderful for getting a peek into a homeschool day. Start at the beginning.
What About What Products to Use?
I've been on the Old Schoolhouse Review Crew since 2013. This allows me to test out great homeschool products you might never have heard of. It's easy to find big box curriculum but what if you need a specialized subject that works just for your child?
- First of all you'll want to know the requirements for your area. This way you can be on top of things when it comes to picking out and fleshing out your curriculum. HSLDA has list of all US States and their laws. Consider becoming a member. HSLDA also has an International section.
- Homeschool Reviews 2018
- Homeschool Reviews 2017
- Homeschool Reviews 2016
- Homeschool Reviews 2015
- Homeschool Reviews 2014
- Homeschool Reviews 2013
For the last several years we have used Bob Jones DVDs as the crux of our homeschool curriculum. But we do like to supplement! And here are some great products we've been able to supplement with.
How Do You Get it All Done?
Yes I've asked myself this question a time or two. Especially when watching my sister homeschool. How on earth do you get it all done? That's where Homemaking Organized comes into play. An Organized Home shouldn't take as long to keep up as a disorganized home.
- Be sure and read Homeschoolers at Home Interviews to find out how other homeschoolers “get it all done”.
- One of the best way to get it all done, at least in the home, is to put your home on a schedule.
- For homeschoolers new and old I highly recommend the book Flourish: Balance for Homeschool Moms
Great Deals for Homeschoolers
Latest Homeschool Freebies
- World's Best Dad Award – Did dad's favorite sports team lose? Cheer him up with this award to remind him who's the real winner! Download and print for FREE!
- Summer Magic Square Puzzles – These fun, engaging puzzles will have your students practicing their summer word vocabulary!
- Essay Writing 101 – A fun way to write a correct and effective 5-paragraph essay on ANY topic!
- Mini Robot Theme Lesson Pack – Includes mazes, pattern sheets, addition, time telling, and so much more!
- 3D Shape Hunt – A fun way for kids to recognize and name 3D shapes in their environment.
- Kindergarten Letter Assessment – This pack contains everything you need to assess your child's letter knowledge on a daily basis.