Happy Monday from the food department!
Wow it’s already the 2nd week of December! My daughter says she had a dream that New Year’s came before we knew it and the New Year was here in a flash. I believe it! The days are flying by so quickly. I’m really trying to make the most of my days now and be productive.
Here’s what happened in the food department last week.
I made Turkey Shepherd’s pie on Monday from leftover turkey and veggies. I used my cooked down leftover turkey stock to make the sauce/gravy and then mashed some of the TON of potatoes we have. If you remember I picked up a bushel of baking potatoes the week before Thanksgiving. It’s a little over half gone. I’ve been giving them out, have some in the freezer, and it’s been our side dish du jour for the last 2 weeks. I’ve listed my Pie recipe below.
The beginning of December also marks my Costco Monthly Shopping Run.
On my new grocery budget I make one run a month to Costco. I usually spend from 2/5ths to 1/2 of my grocery budget at Costco and then things such as eggs, milk, fresh fruits and vegetables from my local market on my regular grocery shopping day.
This past week as I was making up my list for Costco I landed on 100 Days of Real Food where Lisa listed her favorite items to buy at Costco. We have similar tastes when it comes to Costco but what really made sense to me was her master Costco List. I’ll be making one so I could remember which things to buy each month. So that’s on my agenda to make (and share with you) and in the meantime here’s what I picked up this week.
Costco Monthly Shopping List
- Better Than Boullion Chicken Base (I use to make stocks and season rice)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Bertoli Pasta Sauce (I’m lazy about spaghetti sauce)
- Dish Soap
- Twalet Paper (toilet paper with a French accent)
- Basil Pesto (this stuff is so good and we go through a jar a month)
- Organic Pasta (I promise to make some this month)
- Ground Turkey
- Organic Ground Beef (wish it was grass fed)
- Pork Chops (not usually on my list but I decided to live a little)
- Guacamole (my daughter talked me into this)
- Organic Sugar
- Almond Flour
New Purchases I probably won’t buy every month
- Frozen Pouches of Kale and Quinoa (I don’t use a microwave so I just heat these up on the stove)
- Kale Salad (had to dump salad dressing, soy)
There are other things I buy regularly but not every month.
Here’s my Monday Menu Plan for this Week
Monday: Skillet Mac
Tuesday: Stir Fry
Wednesday: Chicken Curry
What’s on your menu?
- Do you make Menu Planning Printables or have created your own Menu Planning Service? Share them on my Menu Planning Linky page!
- Find more menus to inspire you from other bloggers at Organized Junkie.
- Read some Menu Planning articles for tips on planning your weekly menu
- Need delicious easy recipes for your family? Simplified Dinners is your template for fresh easy recipes every day.