Today marks the first day of our back to school!
And you probably wondered how I managed to find the time to blog didn't you?! Well it will probably be short and sweet but here goes.
In the School Room
Yaaay it's back to school. Well okay not really yay but it is what it is.
We got the school room cleaned up last week which was really nice. But here I am around 10pm in the homeschool/craft room. And while I get ready for the new day it's gotten a bit messy again. Well hopefully it will be ready for the AM.
Here are our plans for the first day of school
- Take a walk. This is a new thing we want to do before school (and because I desperately need the extra exercise).
- Have a healthy (not big but healthy breakfast.
- Welcome our special guests (who happen to have a free day to share with us).
- Barrel through school
- Go out for dinner.
- Somewhere in there I must get in my extra exercise. It's a must.
Around the House
I recaulked the counter around the kitchen sink!!!! Woo hoo! This is big for me. Wish it weren't that bright almond color but as far as I know they don't make the good stuff in the exact color I really need. All that really matters is that it doesn't look as gross as it did before I spent agonizing minutes scraping that ick off and recaulking it. It's now waterproofed and sealed again. Phew! I have to do our bathroom shower next and my husband wants me to touch up the shed next. He asked if I was hiring out????
We've updated our to-do list for the home and it's a little long. Taking care of it one step at a time.
My Weekly Menu Plan:
For breakfast my daughter and I have been enjoying the French Toast in a Bowl recipe (page 266 of the Trim Healthy Mama Cookbook). This (drumroll) is actually the first time I ever used a microwave to make something to eat!
I plan on moving to the oven but I needed something REALLY QUICK when I decided to try it. I'm glad I did. It was really delicious! My husband doesn't believe me and is still in shock that I used the microwave. Although now he wants to try it since my daughter has been raving about the recipe 😉 (updated: I got him to try it this morning. He likes it but would prefer it in the oven).
Here is what's on our menu for this week.
Monday: Going out for pizza (first day school and because I'm curing the sink caulking)
Tuesday: Baked Salmon and Zucchini Noodles
Wednesday: Ground Turkey Burgers
Thursday: Lentil Soup
Friday: Chicken Quesadillas
What’s on your menu?
- Find more menus to inspire you from other bloggers at Organized Junkie.
- Read some Menu Planning articles for tips on planning your weekly menu
- What's all the hype? Check out Trim Healthy Mama. Great recipes that the whole family can eat. Tweak them to fit your household.