The Hey Mama! Print Schoolhouse Planner for 2016-2017 includes calendars covering June 2016 to July 2017 and all kinds of forms to help you manage your homeschool! That’s a nice stretch of time to keep you from scrambling to find a good planner in December.
The Hey Mama! Print Schoolhouse Planner comes with a glossy cover and is ring bound with a brown and white (as opposed to black and white) theme. The 192 page printed planner includes various sections and prompts just for the homeschooling mama!
The Hey Mama! Planner is priced at $29 for US delivery (free shipping). It’s priced a little more if you need it sent to Canada or International.
Whether you homeschool one child or more the Hey Mama! Planner will help you to organize your homeschool days while offering nuggets of encouragement as you go along.
- The planner starts with Year at Glance calendars for 2016, 2017, and 2018.
- Then you jump right into 2 Page per month views starting with July 2016. Before each month is a Notes Page and a little nugget for the homeschooling mama.
- After that come blank fill in the page Weekly Notes. Here’s where you can manage several. It’s open to interpretation and you can either have 5 subjects and 7 days or 7 subjects and 5 days. There are 2 sections of 4 weeks each here.
- Then there are 5 pages of Monthly Goals.
- Six pages of Semester Goals
- And 5 pages of Yearly Goals.
- There are 5 Attendance pages to keep track of 5 children
- Books Read This Year 2 pages
- Curriculum Planning sheets for 5 children. Each covering 7 subjects.
- Homeschooling Contact List
- 36 General Writing Prompts
- Story Starters
- The 13 Colonies
- Timeline of Inventions
- List of U.S. Presidents
- The 3 Branches of the U.S. Government and Local Governments
- U.S. States and Capitals
- How to Create a Transcript
- Blank Academic Transcript Form
As you can see this planner packs a lot of pages designed just for homeschoolers.
Since we’re ending our 2105-2016 homeschool year I’m working on preparing my planner for our next homeschool session starting later this year. We start school (hopefully) in August but have not pinpointed a day yet.
Our curriculum is purchased and has arrived though! I used the curriculum page and added that information.
Our base curriculum comes with a printed lesson plan (thank goodness!) so my plan is to use the planner to keep notes on what we learned, what things we struggled with, and just keep a kind of diary about our homeschool year. I think the “Week of” will be especially helpful for that.
Since my annual homeschool goals are usually just to finish the curriculum I paid for I never give much thought to actually writing anything down and thinking too deeply about it (is that bad?). But since the planner includes several sections to detail this it will be nice to sit down with the Sweet Peanut and discuss what we want to accomplish.
What Do I think of they Hey Mama! Homeschool Planner
I love the section in this planner where the 2 page per month pages are. As you see before each Monthly Notes page there is a Hey Mama page. It’s like a page of encouragement before you start your month journey of schooling. Just the right words Mama needs to hear before going under water (well not really) again.
I usually try to put all my to-do, across my life, in one planner. But that’s not happening. My businessy stuff and homeschooling need their own booklets. When it comes to planners I like paper I can write on so ordering a print or printing off a planner is what works for me.
What makes this particular homeschooling planner really nice are the Hey Mama! notes and the little history tidbits peppered throughout.
CREWCODE to take $10 off the Hey Mama! Planner. If you’re in the US this will let grab the planner for $19, which includes shipping. The coupon code is good through July 15. Use in the store here.
Connect with the Old Schoolhouse Magazine online
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TOSMag @TOSMag