This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Bestway. All opinions are 100% mine.
The official summer season is just around the corner and it's a great time for families to spend quality time together. Even if this isn't the year for you to take a trip together, there are still many activities you can enjoy right at home in your own backyard.
5 Ideas for Backyard Summertime Fun
1. Plant a summer garden. If you haven't started yet it's not too late to start a little summer garden with your child. It is so wonderful to see how interested kids becoming in eating fruits and veggies when they grow them. Pick easy quick growing thing such as lettuces, radishes, and peas or beans. Do grow a tomato plant too if you can. They are so delicious ripe off the vine.
2. Make a reading spot in your backyard. Pick a nice shady spot and set up some comfy seating or throw down some old quilts or blankets. Take a little snack. Make it a daily destination and get those summer reading challenges done in record time. Plan a family read-aloud for the cooler summer nights.
3. Set up a picnic table and chairs underneath a big shade tree or umbrella. Put together a basket of board games the family would like to learn or has enjoyed in the past. Take the games outside and enjoy the fresh air while you play one of your favorite board games.
4. Camp in your own backyard: Your family may enjoy camping out but circumstances simply forbid you from taking a camping trip. Don't let circumstances stop you! Pitch your tent in the backyard and enjoy the same fun just a little closer to home.
5. What's summer fun without water play? My daughter LOVES hanging out in the yard when the sprinklers come on but how much more fun would a water slide be? H2OGO! is a water slide featuring a patent-pending Speed Ramp™, a tough, inflatable launch pad that creates a smooth landing while propelling riders headfirst into a super-fast ride down the 18-foot slide.
Want to know more about H2OGO! ? It also features a Splash Lagoon beneath the Speed Ramp™ to create a drenching good takeoff and funnel water throughout the entire slide, reducing friction and increasing speed as riders skim their way through a gushing cascade toward the final deluge in the drench pool.
Easy to set up in just minutes, the H2OGO! Water Slide comes in a single, double and triple model, adding a new level of interactive outdoor fun by allowing kids to compete against their friends for the title of neighborhood champion, while keeping cool all summer long.
H2OGO! Water Slides are available at Toys R’Us, Amazon.com, Target.com and Walmart.com
- H2OGO! is not for adult use, and is not for children over 12 or under 5 years of age.
- This product is not for use by anyone over 5 feet tall or weighing more than 110 pounds.
A Water Slide Giveaway
H2OGO! wants to bless one of my readers with their own backyard slide (yaaayyyy!).
To enter simply share an idea for using a H2OGO! slide in a backyard party for the kids in the comments below.
One winner will be chosen via random.org
Get great opportunities like this through