*This post contains affiliate links
Happy Monday! It's Menu Planning time.
This week I hope to get my daughter more involved in cooking. She loves all things Homemaking and has been asking to help more around the house.
These last few weeks she's been making a Daily To-Do list and asking me what can she do to help me in the home. How can I ignore that?
I will admit I am one of those mothers that think that I can do it faster, better, more efficiently, but if I don't take the time to teach her how else will she learn?
Mystie of Simplified Dinners has heard the cry of my heart and just announced her new ebook Simplified Dinners for New Cooks.
Each week you see the link to Simplified Dinners at the bottom of my post and my wonder of my affinity (maybe) for this great cooking resource. Simplified Dinners is my kind of cooking. Start with a style such as Stovetop, Crockpot, Stirfry, etc, pick your kind of protein. Then make several kinds of dinners depending upon spices and ingredients. This is perfect you're at a loss for what to cook or even to put your Menu Plan together with.
Simplified Dinners for New Cooks works on the same principal as the original but starts off teaching the new cook the basics and it can be used as a primer for teaching young kids.
- Begin with going over the Basic Skills for cooking (covered in the book).
- Next learn the various kitchen tools needed to pull together a meal (covered in the book)
- Then learn Basic Kitchen Safety (covered in the book)
- And finally let them get cooking with templates for various kinds of meals (the recipes)
The ebook includes recipes for Slow Cooker Meals, One Pot Dishes, Soups, favorites like pizza and quesadillas, and Side Dishes.
By the way if you're interest in your own copy of Simplified Dinners for New Cooks you can enter my giveaway (below) or just go ahead and get your own copy. Be sure and take $5 off with the code: newcooks15 until March 6th.
My plan is to choose one recipe each week to for the Sweet Peanut to cook with some supervision after we've gone through the introductory sections.
As for my Menu Plan I ended up not having Flank Steak for Monday, but we did eat some yummy salmon with enough leftovers for dinner this week (the quiche).
This is what I have happening this week…
Monday – Meatloaf with baked potatoes.
Tuesday – still figuring this one out
Wednesday – Foil Packet Fish (from Simplified Dinners for New Cooks)
Thursday – Salmon Quiche
Friday – Quesdaillas
I'm also giving away a copy of the Simplified Dinners for New Cooks eBook. Just follow the prompts in the Rafflecopter widget below.
No purchase is necessary.
· Odds of winning are based on number of entries.
· Starts 2/23/2015, Ends 3/3/2015
· Who is eligible to enter (US residents, 18 and older)
· I will notify the winners by email and you have 48 hours to respond.
What’s on your menu?
- Find more menus to inspire you from other bloggers at Organized Junkie.
- Read some Menu Planning articles for tips on planning your weekly menu
- Need delicious easy recipes for your family? Simplified Dinners is your template for fresh easy recipes every day.
Linking up with…