One of those is sugar. It's a never ending refrain I hear from women all over. We're all looking to cut sugar and I'm not different.
Recently I was sent a package of SweetLeaf Organic Stevia to try. At the time I received this I wasn't thinking about swapping out my daily sugar in the tea habit but feeling sluggish and the need to make some changes I was only to happy to give it a try.
If you've never tried Stevia it comes as a liquid or a fine white powder that is very sweet to the taste.
- SweetLeaf Organic Stevia® Sweetener is a Certified Organic, zero-calorie sweetener made from high-quality stevia leaves.
- With a taste that is a bit sweeter than sugar, SweetLeaf Organic Stevia Sweetener is perfect for sweetening hot or cold beverages, cereals, baked goods, desserts, fresh fruit, yogurt, and more.
- SweetLeaf Organic Stevia Sweetener is gluten free, and contains no artificial ingredients, calories, carbohydrates, or glycemic response, making it ideal for people managing their blood sugar or calorie intake.
- One packet of SweetLeaf Organic Stevia Sweetener is as sweet as two teaspoons of sugar.
- SweetLeaf Organic Stevia® comes in 35 ct. ($4.99) or 70 ct. packets ($8.99). Prices may vary based on the retailer.
My package from the SweetLeaf Tea Co. contained…
- 1 box of 35 packets of SweetLeaf Stevia.
- A little mini box that contained 3 tiny bottles of flavored Stevia liquid sweeteners; Berry, Lemon Drop, Valencia Orange
- And two slightly larger bottles of flavored liquid Stevia sweetener, Peppermint Mocha, Pumpkin Spice called Sweet Drops.
- A delicious bar of coconut soap
When I first received the package I was NOT interested in trying the different flavors. Chocolate and Peppermint, while I know is a favorite of many, is not my cuppa tea and the rest just looked strange. So I put those to the side and instead worked with the single packets.
The main way I went about using the SweetLeaf Organic Stevia Sweetener was (and is) in my daily breakfast smoothie. For the last couple of months my husband and I have been drinking smoothies for breakfast. (My daughter drinks them too but she also eats a whole lotta other stuff.)
There's no rhyme or reason to my smoothies. The cast of characters includes, yogurt, coconut water, frozen berries or mango, green powder, and now SweetLeaf Stevia. My smoothies are made without bananas so except for a bit of mango in them and occasionally berries there is not much sweetener. I had tried honey now and again but if I was using sugar in tea I didn't want more sugar in my smoothie. I found that using one packet of Stevia to sweeten our smoothies is just right. Not too sweet but nicely noticeable.
Now Stevia is not new to me. I have purchased a few other brands through out the years and have been toying with using it in my mid-day tea. I drink teechino or yerba mate in the morning but sometimes mid-day I like a cup of herbal tea and like I said I don't need anymore sugar.
But not only that. Being adventurous I have discovered that with the addition of the flavored Stevia Sweetener I can jazz up my mid-day tea!
A couple of drops of chosen liquid Sweet Drops adds just the right touch. I have to pick the right flavor though. Mostly I've been using Orange and Lemon Drop. The fruity flavors are not too overwhelming because just a little Stevie can really sweeten things up. If I'm sweetening something like Teechino I will use the Peppermint Mocha (yes I've given in). My husband loves the Peppermint Mocha in his tea.
Apparently you can also use SweetLeaf Organic Stevia Sweetener to touch up savory dishes and even in baking. I haven't used it for that yet because I can't think of a recipe to use it in but ShopSweetLeaf also has a cookbook with several recipes using Stevia.
My future plans for this novelty are to sweeten up some sparkling water. Now that sounds good eh?
You can connect with SweetLeaf online…
I received this product for free from the sponsor of the Moms MeetSM program, May Media Group LLC, who received it directly from the manufacturer. As a Moms Meet blogger, I agree to use this product and post my opinion on my blog. My opinions do not necessarily reflect the opinions of May Media Group LLC or the manufacturer of this product.