You have about a week left to Pre-Order Myquillyn's new book Cozy Minimalist Home. Learn to decorate your home with less stuff and more style.
Note: I am on Myquillyn's prelaunch team for this book but I did purchase my own book before joining her team. I've long been an admirer of what she does with her home(s).
What is a Cozy Minimalist Home you ask?
- It's a home that reflects the style of those who live there not the style of the latest trend.
- It's a home where empty space is okay.
- It's a home that isn't perfect, but is beautiful in it's imperfection.
- It's an uncluttered home.
- It's a minimalist home that is not necessarily modern and stark.
Myquillyn's book goes beyond helping you to love your imperfect home and now helps you design it too. In the Cozy Minimalist Home you will…
- Realize your role as the curator of your home who makes smart, style-impacting design choices
- Finally know what to focus on, and what not to worry about when it comes to your home
- Discover the real secret to finding your unique style—it has nothing to do with those style quizzes.
- Understand how to find a sofa you won't hate tomorrow (I'm in the process of doing this now).
- Deconstruct each room and then re-create it step by step with a fail proof process that keeps you from making costly mistakes.
- Create a pretty home with more style and less stuff—resulting in backwards decluttering!
- Finish your home and have it looking the way you've always hoped so you can use it the way you've always dreamed.
Get Myquillyn's Help with your home
To accompany The Cozy Minimalist Home Book Myquillyn Smith has created a community where others, hoping to apply these principals to their own homes, can work together for the Cozy Minimalist design. It's called The Cozy Community and falls under the Academy of Home umbrella.
In the Cozy Community Myquillyn walks you through decorating your home one step at a time. There are weekly videos, deep dives to help you out on particular topics, and lots of help from “big sisters”.
I signed for the community this past spring. Starting with my Living Room I'm slowly getting the hang of this home decor thing.
Registration happens seasonally. The next registration for the The Cozy Community will be September 2021. In the meantime try one of the Academy of Home's seasonal classes to bring a bit of the season to your home.
I'm officially a fan of Myquillyn Smith. And she has a new book out called Welcome Home. We've learned how to decorate our homes with less stuff and now it's time to learn how to decorate your home for the seasons (without cluttering them up). And also how to host with the mostess. Make your guests feel cozy.
Get a free class when you purchase your copy of Welcome Home.