Are you handy with the sewing machine? Mother’s Day is the perfect time to dust it off and whip out some darling items for your favorite mothers.
You don’t have to spend a lot. And it shouldn’t take a lot of time.
Buy a yard or two of fabric and sew mother something practical and pretty.
Mother’s Day sewn gifts are plentiful and easy to make. If you don’t have hours to spend at your sewing machine because of family obligations or what have you try to find 15 minutes a day to do something simple.
15 Minute Steps to getting a sewing project done
- Pre-wash the fabric one day.
- Iron the fabric the next.
- Cut out your patterns on Day 3.
- Sew a seam or two the next day.
- Things such as these can be done in small stages ending in a lovely complete project.
Here are some great Mother’s Day Gifts to Sew
A girly apron:These are all the rage and as a turn of events my mother made me one for Mother’s Day last year. I use it faithfully as I love a good apron. It doesn’t take long to put together and it’s cute AND practical.
- Sweater Apron: This is so ultra cute! It would probably soak up anything you spilled but line it and it could be practical and warm too!
- Leftover Fabric Apron: Have some fabric lying around? Make this apron.
- Cute Frilly Apron: Make a chic apron like the ones you see in the store for much more.
- Clean Sweep Apron: This is the kind of apron they use in the book Speed Cleaning
- Felt Slippers: Leave it to Martha. These are cute though.
Ballet Slippers: These are really cute. These are the ones I made. Sorry about the Photobucket hosting stuff. I’m not sure if you can read past that but if you can these are great!
Thong or Summer Slippers: I really like these because my feet get hot in the summer. I do wear regular sandals but these seem much cooler.
Ultra Frilly cute Shower Cap. I used this pattern and made some shower caps last year for presents. They were greatly received.
Cute Shower Cap. Or was this the pattern I used…
Insulated Teapot Cozy Pattern: This cute cozy will keep your tea nice and warm.
Teapot Cozy Pattern from Connecting Threads. Yay for tea parties!
No Sew Fabric Gifts
- DIY Fabric Flower Pot from Love My Simple Home.
Mother’s Day is sure to be special if you include one of these made from the heart craft gifts.