Got Acid reflux?
- If you've got a burning in your throat, heartburn, and even bloating you could have acid reflux. Increased acid in your body will have you suffering from heartburn, acid reflux, bloating, and indigestion. And while over the counter remedies may clear up the symptoms for the moment they can actually create long term problems and leave an imbalance in your system.
- This situation is not just about spicy foods. Just because you may be getting older this does not mean you have to put up with this discomfort.
Why acid Reflux happens
I received this product for free from MomsMeet to use and post my honest opinions. Compensation for this post was provided and this page may contain affiliate links.
Acid Reflux is not just a condition of the elderly. There are many things that can lead to acid reflux. Did you know that 8 out of 10 Americans are dealing with digestion issues. Bad habits like a more stressful lifestyles, fast food eating, and being overweight are only some of the reasons for the onset of acid reflux.
This happened to me recently. After a busy season and too much take out food to put dinner on the table many nights I noticed an increase in acid reflux symptoms in my own body. A little extra burp here and there and then one night when I snacked a little too late in the evening. Not fun! So I was on the look out for natural ways to relieve these issues.
Natural Ways to Deal with acid reflux
Some people like to reach for more gently natural ways of dealing with body issues before going for the more medicinal route. I'm one of those people. So I looked into some changes I could make to easy acid reflux symptoms. My daughter had acid reflux as a preemie so I knew of the things I could do.
- Raise the head on your bed to elevate your head above stomach
- Eat more slowly
- Stop snacking at least 2 hours before bedtime
- Lose weight (one of my problems)
- Eat acid friendly foods such as Oatmeal for breakfast
- Try a Homeopathic remedy
I use a homeopathic remedy for my daughter's season allergies so I thought why not give it a try with my acid reflux symptoms. I'll admit at first I didn't think they would work. Homeopathy was one of those things I raised my eyebrow at for some time until I tried it and it worked.
Homeopathy is a form of alternative medicine that is based on treating like with like. In homeopathy the symptoms of an illness are your body's normal response to attempt at regaining its natural healthy state.
#Momsmeet sent me some Homeopathic BOIRON® ACIDIL® MELTAWAY TABLETS to test drive along with GASALIA® and DIARALIA® Homeopathic remedies.
*Claims based on traditional homeopathic practice, not accepted medical evidence, not FDA evaluated.
Boiron® Acidil® Meltaway Tablets for Acid Reflux
- Boiron Acidil Meltaway Tablets are a homeopathic remedy made with sustainably sourced, plant based ingredients.
- Acidil is created to relieve occasional heartburn, acid indigestion, upset stomach, and bloating.
- You can take Acidil any time symptoms arise although some say to take homeopathic remedies at least 15 minutes before or 15 minutes after eating anything.
- Follow the directions closely to have good results.
I gave Acidil a try a few times when feeling discomfort. Sometimes it worked and sometimes not so much. I've made a few changes in my diet, sleeping, and how I eat and things are much better. I admit to eating fast to get back to business. Oh well.
Here's another tip…
eat a comforting breakfast
Another tip to help you acid reflux is to eat comforting foods. I like to eat oatmeal for breakfast. Soothing.
Boiron Acidil Meltaway Tablets GIveaway
Now want one lucky ready of my blog to win their own Boiron Acidil Bundle containing a box of Acidil Meltaway Tables, a branded Boiron Apron, and a branded Acidil silicone spoon. Just enter the giveaway below.