If you find yourself constantly missing areas of cleaning when trying to keep up your home consider making an appointment with each room in your house. Put your home on a schedule. A home cleaning schedule.
Home cleaning schedule are nothing new. Historically housekeeping tasks took much more time than they do today and women had to have a systematic order to when to do things like laundry, baking, and shopping in order to assure things got done.
In addition to making sure you don't miss cleaning under the bed…
1. A regular housekeeping cleaning schedule will keep you from wasting precious time trying to figure out what needs to be done in a room and when was the last time you saw to a certain task.
2. A housekeeping cleaning schedule should be flexible enough to allow for such pleasant interruptions as your children needing attention, personal time with your spouse, or a visit from company.
What is put on your housekeeping schedule depends on your individual household but here is a basic list to tweak to consider when you put your own home on a schedule.
- Beds made
- Floors swept or vacuumed
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Kitchen put in order after each meal
- Bedrooms straightened
- Bathrooms touched up
- Toss garbage and junk mail
- Straighten hectic spots such as dining tables and kitchen counters
- pet areas neatened up
- Purge fridge of leftovers
- Clean bathrooms
- Make weekly menu
- Clean kitchen cabinets
- Vacuum under furniture
- Clean oven
- Clean fridge
- Have rugs / carpet professionally cleaned
- dry clean seasonal clothing
- Turn mattresses
- Have furnace / air conditioner tuned
Make this easy and put it all together in our Housekeeping Chore Box
So now you have your list, how do you keep track of it? Well it is a good idea to have in writing when you will be cleaning. From daily to weekly to monthly lists write down in your Planner , wall calendar, Bulletin Board what time is set aside for you to keep your home in order.
Think of how the professionals do it. Have you ever noticed the sheet on public restrooms that gets marked and dated when it has been cleaned? Of course you don't need to post your list for all to see but put it in a place where you can refer to it.
Cleaning your home will take time and effort. Organizing your cleaning efforts can help to to keep from making you a slave to your home and from abandoning the housekeeping schedule altogether and letting chaos reign.
Consider starting a Homekeeping Journal to keep these lists in.
For checklists for home and life visit our estore
Want to get serious about house cleaning? Then you need to create your own Perfect Cleaning Schedule