*this post contains affiliate links*
I'm turning back to my Simplified Dinners this week for a quick and easy stir fry.
My freezer is emptying from meat and I'm getting nervous. I have 10 lbs of chicken, some ground turkey, and a few packs of precooked turkey but I'm out of fish and beef (gasp!).
So what's a girl to do? Well I start off with using up some leftover pasta sauce in the freezer. I'll just make spaghetti and noodles with zucchini on Monday.
But what other things could I make with leftover spaghetti sauce? Well before I give you this week's list I though it would be nice to round up 5 different meals you can make with leftover spaghetti sauce.
Different Recipes to Make from Leftover Spaghetti Sauce
- Lasagna: If you keep certain cheeses on hand this is a yummy dish to whip up from leftovers.
- Chicken Parmesan: Now these are two ingredients I always try to keep on hand, chicken and parmesan. Makes a quick tasty dinner.
- Skillet Mac: The version I make is from America's Test kitchen but this recipe looks delicious too. And is uses leftover spaghetti sauce.
- Pizza: I do this often and if you have meat in your sauce you don't need any other meat. Just use the sauce on your pizza crust, top with veggies and cheese and bake.
- Meatloaf: If you don't have too much sauce, say maybe a cup, make a meatloaf out of it. Stir the sauce into your ground meet add some breadcrumbs or oatmeal and whatever else you desire and bake.
Here's my menu for this week…
Monday: Meatloaf from leftover spaghetti sauce.
Tuesday: Asian Style Turkey Meatballs over Rice Noodles
Wednesday: Coconut Thai Curry Chicken
Thursday: Lentil soup and salmon sandwiches (from the freezer)
Friday: Quesadillas (turkey this time)
What’s on your menu?
- Find more menus to inspire you from other bloggers at Organized Junkie.
- Read some Menu Planning articles for tips on planning your weekly menu
- Need delicious easy recipes for your family? Simplified Dinners is your template for fresh easy recipes every day.